Sleek Makeup Face Contour Kit (Medium) Review

September 17, 2016

I was looking for an affordable contour product a few months back when I first started getting into makeup and I came across Sleek Makeup's Face Contour Kit.




WHAT IS IT?

This product is a contour kit with one shade of powder contour and a highlighter as well.


WHERE TO BUY?

It costs RM59 and its only available on Sephora.com here in Malaysia (yes, not even in-store but only on the website). The fact that I couldn't swatch it sucked, but I went ahead and bought it.

Purchases above RM80 get free shipping on Sephora.my so I also bought an eyebrow pencil. Sleek Makeup is now also available on Hermo.my, although this particular product isn't on the site.


PACKAGING

The kit comes in a nice matte plastic case with a mirrorthat's perfect for bringing everywhere.



The picture above was from when I first got it and it looks so clean compare to how it looks now haha. Avoid getting oil on it!

My stupid ass dropped it in work, luckily it didn't crack! I was so scared because one of my fave eyebrow kits dropped and cracked one me, so the fact that this kit survived a table to floor fall is awesome.


It doesn't come with a brush so you'll have to bring your own brushes if you want to bring it to you outside/to work.

This contour kit is available in three shades: light, medium and dark. The one I got is in medium.



SWATCHES


Sorry for the pictures T.T Anyways, the contour shade is quite pigmented. The product on my finger is from one swipe, and the swatch on my arm is from one swipe as well. I have quite a bulbous nose so this has helped me slim my dome down a bit. It has also help me naturally define my nose bridge! My nose bridge is kinda wonky haha


The highlighter is a warm, orange-y, copper colour. I don't really use it that often. Here's a few snaps from an event back in April with both the contour and a bit of the highlight in action:


Yes it looks ratchet but pls it was the first few weeks k.


MY REVIEW

I think that it's a good starter kit, especially for how much it costs. Its definitely manageable and I find that nowadays I can't go a day without contouring (well my nose, at least). I rarely go out with a fully beat face, let alone extreme contouring.

When used on bare skin, it won't fade off but it will smudge, especially if you sweat/produce oil. I touch up my brows and blot oil away from my face around 2pm and I usually only have to touch up the bulb of my nose (bc that's where I secrete oil the most). I also use primer to help make it last longer

When used on foundation its more long lasting, but I feel like newbies like me have to learn to be more lighthanded and quick. I've tried out cream contour before (thanks Jon) and I feel like cream is a bit easier to use. It's nothing a bit of practice can't help tbh. When I first practiced using this my cheeks were so damn dark!

One trick I do when I do wear this on my cheeks is to smudge one finger's worth of product on my cheekbone area and buff it out. I first heard of this trick from Jessica on Beauty Bible:



A little goes a long way! Plus you can always add on anyway.


(excuse my bare face/scars)


WILL I REPURCHASE?

I enjoyed this product but even with everyday use, there's still so much product! I only ever contour my nose, so I think this will last me quite a while. I don't think I'll repurchase it only because it'll last me a long time and I'd rather buy other products to try as well.



And that's it for this review! I hope my pictures didn't make you cringe that much T.T

Thanks so much for reading through and I hope to see you in the next post!

line_characters_in_love-1

Post a Comment

Write a comment & tell me your thoughts!

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

© FISHMEATDIE. Made by SoulMuse.