The Face Shop Damyang Bamboo 99% Fresh Soothing Gel Review

December 9, 2016

Hi guys, I'm back with another skincare review! If you didn't know already, I was back in Penang a few weeks back, and my friend Fufy gave me her tub of The Face Shop's Damyang Bamboo 99% Fresh Soothing Gel. After using it for a few weeks I'm here to share with you guys my thoughts about it.




WHAT IS IT

So I love love love The Face Shop's 99% Aloe Gel. Not only is aloe gel a staple in my skincare routine, its also a one stop fix. I can use it as moisturizer, spot soothing treatment for acne, lotion, etc. What really made me love it is that its such a multi functional product and it costs so cheap! (You can get it for as low as RM11 when there's a sale!)

The Face Shop launched their Damyang Bamboo about a month or two after I picked up my tub of their Aloe gel. Since I still had aloe I didn't buy it, but when I ran out, as I said, my friend Fufy came to the rescue and gave me this tub.

So what is Bamboo Gel? On the packaging it says that this product is a soothing gel with moisture infused gel-type texture that gives a moisture massage to skin with cooling, soothing effects. It's basically a multi-use soothing gel that can be used on the face and body, similar to the aloe gel.

The difference is that instead of 99% aloe, this contains 99% Damyang bamboo extract. The Damyang Bamboo Forest is a place in Korea with a lot of Bamboos, which is where the bamboo gel for this product is extracted from (the Aloe gel comes from Jeju).




WHERE TO  BUY

This product costs RM23.00 in The Face Shop's official store & website, but it costs RM22 on Althea.kr 



PACKAGING

The packaging is a tub as well, but it's made to resemble a bamboo shoot:


 

As usual, I think tubs are unhygienic. What I usually do is pour some gel on the lid and scoop the product from the lid with my fingers. Not that it matters, I'm just being extra haha.




INGREDIENTS

As I mentioned, the main ingredient of this product is bamboo gel from the Damyang bamboo forest. The highly concentrated bamboo extract claims to be able to charge skin with moisture, maintaining skin hydration, increasing elasticity and preventing skin from becoming rough and dry.

It also contains hyaluronic acid that creates a moisture barrier, making it excellent for retaining moisture and giving long lasting hydration to the skin.


TEXTURE & FRAGRANCE

This product has a thick gel consistency, and its transparent in colour. Compared to the aloe gel, this one feels thicker and sticker. Also the scent is heavier. Nothing too much but you can definitely smell it even when you already have it on.



It dries down to the shiny finish that gels usually do, and it leaves a thin barrier.




HOW TO USE

I apply this as a moisturizers, so:

Cleanser - Toner - Serum - Moisturizer

Apply 5 blobs to you face: both your cheeks, your forehead, your nose and chin. Then, rub the product in a circular motion until you've fully covered your face. Don't worry if it's a bit thick at first, your skin will absorb it in eventually.


MY REVIEW

1. Long lasting hydration & moisture
Like the aloe gel, this product provides a lot of moisture to the skin without it feeling too heavy. Since its a gel as well, it feels light on the skin. I don't feel dry and my skin plump and juicy. Definitely recommended for people who are looking for something to really hydrate their skin!

2. Cooling & soothing
It has helped me soothe my skin when I have acne, but I don't think it soothes my skin as well as the aloe gel. I'm not guite sure why, but my inflamed acne just seemes to calm down faster with the aloe. Not to say that this doesn't do that, it just does it a bit slower. As for cooling, it does feel very nice on the face, especially after a long day's work. If you really like that  cooling effect (like me), store your bamboo gel in the fridge. This will keep it cool and keep it fresh as well.


MY VERDICT

I quite like this gel! I'm not a big fan of the scent (sure its subtle, but I just don't like it) and I think I like it just as much as the aloe gel.


WILL I REPURCHASE

If it goes on sale then yes, but since online shops tend to sell aloe gels at cheaper prices (RM11 - RM15), I think I'd rather repurchase the aloe one.


And that was it for this short review! I hope you guys find it useful and informative. If you'd like to read more skincare reviews, click here.


As always, thanks for reading and see you all in the next post!

2 comments

  1. I've tried TFS Jeju Aloe Vera Gel for a year, and I've tried their Damyang Bamboo Gel too. As for me, I find that Bamboo Gel is less sticky has no white film residue compared to Aloe Vera Gel.

    Hence, I prefer to apply Bamboo Gel on my skin before I put my make up on. Aloe vera gel is used for the scalp and hair or only if I have acne on my face. That's how I apply them.

    Recently I visited TFS outlet, the sales person from TFS told me that TFS is no longer produce this bamboo gel. I'm a bit upset because I really like this product. Do you know any other similar product? I heard they replace bamboo gel with lotus gel but haven't try it yet.

    Anyway thanks in advance. I love the way you write. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the event that you are hoping to add a tropical touch to the style in your home as well as office then bamboo curtains are the ideal decision.Bamboo curtains

    ReplyDelete

Write a comment & tell me your thoughts!

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

© FISHMEATDIE. Made by SoulMuse.